|Department:||Engineering - Analytical|
Performs duties to create detailed drawings of customized material handling equipment (typically overhead and gantry crane bridges and trolleys, railroad shop service hoists, body support stands and similar devices) and various assorted components.
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates detailed drawings of individual parts, mechanical assemblies and equipment general arrangements.
- Applies appropriate weld information, surface finishes, fits and tolerances, fastener lengths and similar fabrication and machining details in accordance with Whiting design standards and under the direction of Sr. Designers and Engineers. Indicates this information on detailed drawings as appropriate.
- Writes Bills of Material (BOMs) for components as directed by Sr. Designers and Engineers.
- Back checks own work prior to turning work over to Sr. Designer or Engineer for final review.
- Provides drafting assistance to other departments within Whiting.
- Participates in design review activities.
- Supports overall company performance goals.
- Uses: Microsoft Office (incl. Excel, Word), drawing system DraftSight (AutoCAD), 3D solid modeling software (SolidWorks).
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Mechanical drawing skills required.
- 2 years professional drafting experience in a Mechanical or Structural field preferred.
- Ability to read and understand machinery and structural drawings, familiarity with basic welding and machining operations, mechanical aptitude and strong mathematical abilities required.
- Occasional work in manufacturing areas to provide technical assistance or interpretation of drawings; use of PPE (personal protective equipment) as required in Whiting manufacturing areas.
- Ideal candidate must be a good communicator, both verbal and written.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD (DraftSight) and SolidWorks.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Participates in Continuous Improvement.
- Follows safety rules and keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition.
The applicant(s) for the above job opening(s) will be hired regardless of race, color, age, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, handicapped or veteran status.