This position is responsible for laying out, fitting, and fabricating metal components to assemble machinery parts and equipment. Follows blueprint and work order specifications. Inspects equipment and structures while maintaining knowledge of safety protocol.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read complex welding drawings and welds parts according to engineering specifications.
- Determine necessary tooling to be used for each work order and set-up if required.
- Select proper wire or rod for welds.
- Hand burns parts.
- Use tools and measuring devices such as tape measure, square, blocking, chisels, file, wire brush, and other metal preparation equipment.
- Plan weld sequences to minimize distortion.
- Operate fork trucks and overhead cranes.
- Enter work order information through terminals in the shop.
- Follow safety guidelines for safe operation of all equipment.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two years of welding experience required.
- Experience in the crane or heavy equipment manufacturing industry preferred.
- Must possess basic computer knowledge that includes the ability to operate a keyboard and navigate between screens within a computer application.
- Must pass a blueprint reading test & a A3 to A36 5/16 Fillet weld test.
Work is normally performed in a factory setting near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud. Frequently works from an elevated position (i.e. on a ladder, on top of cranes, etc.).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The applicant(s) for the above job opening(s) will be hired regardless of race, color, age, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, handicapped or veteran status.