Whiting Corporation is a major manufacturer of heavy-duty overhead cranes and railcar maintenance equipment.
The Staff Accountant performs general accounting procedures such as account analysis, job costing, forecasting and budgeting.
Under general direction:
- Assistance with transition to new ERP system.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries into ledger accounts.
- Records journal entries and general ledger reconciliations.
- Maintains knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Establishes, modifies, documents and coordinates the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Analyzes trial balances , reviews monthly expenses, investigates variances and fluctuations.
- Performs job cost analysis on ongoing projects.
- Acts as a functional team leader on potential new ERP implementation.
- Reconciles intercompany balances.
- Aids in year-end audit with external auditors.
- Assists in statutory filings.
- Assists in forecasting preparation.
- Performs year-end LIFO analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3-5 years general accounting work experience required.
- Corporate accounting / general ledger experience required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Epicor (ERP) a plus.
- International exposure preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA preferred.
Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances. 401(k). Profit sharing opportunities.