|Title:||Service Technician Hydraulics - MO|
|Location:||Kansas City, MO|
Field Service Technician
Service and maintain industrial hydraulic lift equipment for railcar and locomotive applications. This includes inspection, repair of mechanical/hydraulic/electrical systems, as well as assisting in the installation of new systems. Extensive domestic travel is required.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Co-ordinate with and support Product Management, Manufacturing and Engineering groups as required.
- Read and interpret Whiting Hydraulics and customer blueprints, manuals and other specifications to determine installation procedures and/or troubleshooting methods.
- Comply with Company, local and customer regulations and safety requirements.
- Oversee and assist in the installation of heavy duty mechanical/hydraulic equipment in the field.
- Installations include mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical equipment installation, PLC control systems and other activities as required.
- Installations will involve coordination with clients and sub-contractors concerning site preparation work not performed by Whiting Hydraulics such as civil work and building construction.
- Field service troubleshooting calls, equipment inspections, start-up and commissioning responsibilities.
- Train customers in operation of equipment.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- E-Railsafe and Roadway Worker Protection (RWP) certification for applicable client railways, plus other customer-based training as may be required to access work sites.
- Other job-related tasks.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5-10 years’ experience managing and assisting in the field installation, and servicing of heavy duty mechanical/hydraulic equipment.
- Strong mechanical skill set required.
- Skilled in troubleshooting hydraulic and electrical systems, especially PLC control systems and remote monitoring systems a plus.
- Familiarity with safe electrical work practices, hazard assessments and personnel protective equipment requirements.
- Strong goal setting, planning and prioritizing skills.
- Proficient time management, technical communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are vital to support manufacturing group as required.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand.
- The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50lbs, and be subjected to occasional moderate to intense physical exertion while performing required duties.
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as pits.
- Essential: Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Excellent knowledge of English, both strong written and spoken.
- Overtime hours may be necessary as workloads dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- Extensive travel to work sites throughout North America is required on a weekly basis
- HS diploma or GED preferred.
Whiting Services Inc.
The applicant(s) for the above job opening(s) will be hired regardless of race, color, age, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, handicapped or veteran status.