|Title:||Senior Application Engineer|
|Department:||Crane Product Group|
The Senior Application Engineer is responsible for determining operations to produce heavy capacity and custom crane products and developing processes to ensure quality, cost, and efficiency requirements are met.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and interpret product specifications to determine customer needs and requests.
- Ability to understand the entire process from RFP to installation complete.
- Perform all necessary calculations to determine project scope and required materials.
- Perform estimating work in order to provide material and labor estimates for the RFP
- Prepare client proposal to include detailed outline of project scope and cost.
- Prepare proposal sketches.
- Compare customer purchase order against quoted projected to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare engineering calculations to ensure specifications are included in the engineering card.
- Prepare final customer order, including total materials cost and engineering and shop hours required.
- Assist project managers once the order is obtained.
- Act as a liaison between customers, and potential customers and other internal departments.
- Follows safety rules and keeps work area in clean and orderly condition.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree in ME, MET, EE, EET or equivalent related field experience required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in large industrial equipment industry required.
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge required.
- Ability to read and understand machinery and structural drawings, customer supplied specifications, codes, and industry standards required.
- Effective oral and written communications skills required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.).
- This position requires the ability to travel as needed, typically 2-5 times per year based on customer needs.
The applicant(s) for the above job opening(s) will be hired regardless of race, color, age, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, handicapped or veteran status.