The Mechanical Assembler is responsible for assembling and fabricating mechanical parts, pieces, or products using a variety of tools and equipment according to required specifications.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Have a common knowledge of blueprint reading.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow standard work instructions.
- Have the ability to work in team environment or self- motivated in a large industrial equipment environment.
- Knowledge of hand tools, magnetic drill, grinder and air tools to assemble product.
- Be able to use measurement devices such as tape measure, caliper, micrometer, etc.
- Be able to use hydraulic press for subassemblies.
- Be able to operate a fork truck and overhead cranes.
- Be able to follow all Safety guidelines for the factory.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year of experience utilizing various power and manual tools preferred.
- Experience in the crane or heavy equipment manufacturing industry preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Must possess basic computer knowledge that includes the ability to operate a keyboard and navigate between screens within a computer application.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT CONSIDERATION
Work is normally performed in a factory setting near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud. Frequently works from an elevated position (i.e. on a ladder, on top of cranes, etc.).
The applicant(s) for the above job opening(s) will be hired regardless of race, color, age, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, handicapped or veteran status.