|Title:||Overhead Crane Service Technician - Phoenix|
The Service Technician will service and maintain industrial overhead cranes. Also may include service of freight, commuter and transit lifting equipment for railcar and locomotive applications. Nuclear overhead crane service and repair opportunities may also be available.
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Craft and technical services for nuclear and commercial industry clients.
- Hands-on repairs and supervision of site personnel.
- Providing customer support for parts and material orders
- Assisting engineers in developing project drawings and technical reports
- Preparing required reports and administrative paperwork
- Accompanying sales personnel for occasional calls and follow-ups
- Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong background in AC and DC electromechanical and solid state motor control systems
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and wiring diagrams
- Mechanical experience with gear reducers and drive systems a plus
- Prior overhead crane experience preferred
- Working at heights and frequent travel within a 2 hour radius required.
- Occasional overnight travel outside of the region may be required.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Strong communication skills
- HS diploma or GED preferred
Disclaimer: This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required and the responsibilities of the position may change.
Whiting Services Inc.
The applicant(s) for the above job opening(s) will be hired regardless of race, color, age, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, handicapped or veteran status.