Schedule and coordinate repairs and inspections of crane and hoist equipment.
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sell repairs and follow up work.
- Develop quotes in a timely manner.
- Schedule preventive maintenance and repair activities on equipment.
- Resolve customer issues and complaints.
- Complete, process and route appropriate paperwork.
- Provide a high level of communication with both Customer and Office.
- Source difficult to find parts.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two year technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of electrical theory for power and motor controls.
- Understanding of the mechanical systems of cranes/hoist.
- Understanding of simple structural elements.
- Understands inspection compliance issues (OSHA/ANSI).
- Understands technical issues relating with service and PM accounts.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Other task as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT CONSIDERATIONS
- Work various environments and working conditions depending on assignment.
- Occasional overtime required.
- Working at heights & some heavy lifting.
- Walking, sitting, standing, bending, driving, reading, seeing, hearing, speaking, concentrating, and communicating.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a technical/support role.
- Familiarity with overhead cranes and their component parts desired.
- Must be customer-oriented, have well-developed interpersonal, communication and keyboarding skills and be able to prioritize task.
- Prior supervisory and/or leadership experience preferred.
- Maintain the service and inspection schedule for all sold work.
- Plan/assign/manage field labor hours to maximize productivity (direct labor average) at or above budgeted minimums. Maintain open orders on dispatch board.
- Assist technicians with identification of required repair parts. Procure required materials, parts and equipment for work assignments. Process related paperwork upon completion of work assignments and within the accounting month that the work was performed.
- Provide technical guidance to customers and technicians via telephone support or facilitate contact with appropriate resources to support the need.
- Resolve customer complaints, within established guidelines, to the satisfaction of the customer and in the best interest of the company. Any unresolved issues should be promptly elevated to the next level of management for prompt resolution.
- Collect warranty information, monitor and report any potential warranty or credit request to the Service or Regional Manager prior to authorizing work. Communicate status with customer and authorize work, as appropriate, following established guidelines.
- Assist the Service Manager and the Regional Manager in establishing training requirements for all field operatives in the branch.
- Monitor and coordinate the maintenance of company equipment and assets to ensure they are in proper condition and good working order.
- Coordinate the procurement of supplies, materials, equipment, and subcontract labor for jobs. Process purchase orders through established procedures.
- Maximize margin levels on service work to meet established company guidelines. Procures items and reports to management any significant deviations from original job plans or scope of work changes.
- Enter data into database as necessary to fulfill all assigned requirements.
- Monitor the credit control list and assist in collection efforts. Accounts over 45 days must be discussed with the service or branch manager prior to delivery of services or materials. Obtain management approval prior to making an exception or extending credit outside the guidelines.
- Ensure credit application is processed if a company is not rated or is outside established guidelines prior to accepting work.
- Responsible for all miscellaneous activities within the branch such as shipping/receiving, shop cleanliness, walk-ins for parts, equipment/building maintenance, answering phones.
- Other duties as assigned by Service Manager.
The applicant(s) for the above job opening(s) will be hired regardless of race, color, age, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, handicapped or veteran status.