|Title:||Process Engineer - Swenson|
|Department:||Swenson Technology, Inc.|
Swenson Technology, Inc., an industry recognized leader in process equipment used in the chemical, pharmaceutical and waste reduction industries to convert liquid solutions into dry solids.
PRIMARY TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting with proposal development by supporting process calculations, design drawings and procurement specifications.
- Developing test plans including heat and material balances, process flow diagrams, and piping and instrument diagrams.
- Assisting with process validation tests in the lab or the pilot plant. Providing support for pilot plant operations and laboratory experiments to test and verify equipment operating parameters by preparing equipment, recording data and reporting results.
- Reviewing laboratory testing methodology and recommending improvements.
- Documenting all calculations and work processes in a clear, concise format.
- Performing other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Strong problem solving analytical skills
- Ability to respond quickly and prioritize activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power Point
- Some travel required, including international.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have or secure a passport.
- 5+ years experience in engineering and analysis within the chemical process industry
- Knowledge of pumps and instrumentation
- Proficiency with laboratory and pilot plant equipment
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting equipment and start-up
- Spanish proficiency a plus
This position will include walking, stooping, lifting and climbing stairs. Work hours will occasionally vary to meet test and/or customer needs.
The applicant(s) for the above job opening(s) will be hired regardless of race, color, age, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, handicapped or veteran status.